Monday, August 7, 2017

Back to School Supplies Haul

When we were younger, teachers always told us exactly what we needed for school, but now as a sophomore in high school I don't have that luxury.  The weeks leading up to school have been filled with YouTube videos of people shopping for school supplies... maybe too many.  Walking down the aisles of Target, Walmart, Office Depot, ect. can be overwhelming with all of the cute things but my list is going to help you this year! 

  • The first thing is a backpack.  I've talked about investing in a good quality backpack a little bit but it is so important!  This year at Ross I found a Calvin Klein backpack for $40 that originally was $218!!  It's a simple black leather but it is a classic.  I was unable to find this backpack online but there are many other black leather backpacks out there!  The picture is of the one I got.
Image result for calvin klein pebble backpack

  • Planner and Stickers- a planner helps me keep organized all year so I had to pick one up!  Mine is from Mead (Target) and has a cactus on it!  The stickers are from the Target Dollar Section and Creat 365 (Hobby Lobby)
  • Binders- I like having one for each class so I picked up 5 this year.  I found 2 at Target and 3 at Office Depot.
  • Notebooks- I have a total of 8 this year.  One for each class, an extra Geometry one, plus a backup one.
  • Folders- every teacher loves handing papers out so a folder comes in handy.  Mine are from Target, Walmart, and Office Depot.  I personally hate prong folders but I did get one for art class because I'm not using a binder.  
  • Sketchbook- if you're in an art class you're going to need one.  I found a simple black one at Target and DIY'd it with a gold sparkly sticker from Hobby Lobby that says "Live to Create"
  • Writing Untinsels- I love mechanical pencils- especcially the Papermate Clear Point ones!  I also picked up some mini highlighters from Yoobi, Papermate Flair pens, and regular pencils from the dollar spot.
  • Math Supplies- calculator, ruler, protractor... the boring things
  • Pencil Pouch- a necessity for any student.  I personally like using makeup bags more because of the cuter patterns
  • Other essentials- hand sanitizer, sticky notes, perfume, notebook paper, scissors, tape, glue, etc.
I hope this list helps you a bunch!  Also, if you like looking at pictures better, I am working on a Polyvore post that has the photos of the items you might need!

Hearts!
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment