Sunday, August 30, 2015

Doll Restoration

Hey guys!  Sorry I haven't posted in like forever, but summer has flown by and now I'm starting my last year of junior high!  Yikes!  In my last week of summer break, my family and I went to visit my grandparents in Colorado, and that means a six hour car trip.  Yeah ;)!  While I was there, I had the opportunity to restore 3 18" dolls for the 2015 Colorado MCC Sale. P.S. The bottom pictures are from our way home on the Amtrak and our last day there!

Two of the dolls before we started. I did brush their hair before hand, it was a night mare: worse then the before and after pics advertising the AG hospital! 


All 3 dolls


The first AG doll, Avery Rose, Pleasant Company Just Like You


Back of Avery's head



Her legs were sooo loose!!

Close up!


Huge yellow scratches on back of leg


Red and yellow marks


Madame Alexander doll, Gracie.


Mark #1


Mark #2




Mark #3


Lipstick on lips


Nail polish on one hand


Her hair... after brushing several times


Pleasant Company, Samantha Parkington... not that bad!


Shine Marks


Her gorgeous hair after being curled, it looks similar to Rebecca Rubin's hair.


More shine marks


1st Downy Dunk, Samantha didn't need it though


Avery at the spa


Grace at the spa


Fabric Softener I used from the Dollar Tree


Close up of the front


Magic Eraser, found at Walmart in the cleaning aisle


NON-ACETONE nail polish remover, very important!!


Baby Wash, already had on hand (wig shampoo substitute)


Hair ties for tightening limbs


Baby wipes


Trimming ends on Gracie


Gracie's 2nd dunk


AG hair brush


Avery's hair in a ponytail


Letting it dry, I think it still needs some help ;)


Untying Samantha's neck strings


Beheaded AG doll!!


There is a lot more stuffing than I thought!


Inside of her body, no organs though!  LOL



Re-stuffing her after tightening limbs


Avery's neck strings had been cut, but not to worry!


All the supplies I used with Avery


Her loose legs to begin with


How I tightened them


That is how loose her leg was


Colby and Grandma cooking


Some day you will see this boy as a professional trick rider!




Sewing a last minute doll quilt


Finished top!


On the train



All the dolls plus my Saige


Avery's photo shoot


I loved the lighting I got!




Just tune the world out!


Gracie in the flowers


Gracie, this isn't the Wizard of Oz!


In a tree


Samantha's turn


Once a climber, always a climber


Your grandmother won't be happy!



Saige's turn!


Artist at work


Gorgeous face!

That's all for right now, bye!!


No comments:

Post a Comment